We have now reopened the hall for casual play.

The key information here is masks are mandatory indoors and there is a limit gathering of 50 people.  If you are booking a court to play with friends at the hall, please abide by the following:
  • Masks are to be worn at all times, except for while on the court playing.  You need to be wearing a mask to come inside, so you must have your own, we will not supply them.
  • Sanitize on entry and exit to the hall
  • Sign in using the QR code or paper sign in sheet in the foyer
  • Please do not bring spectators/children with you.  Only those actively playing on the court are allowed in the hall.
  • Maximum of 4 players per court (to help us keep under 50 people)
  • Please arrive on time for your booking, and exit as soon as practical at the end of your booking to minimise overlap with others.
  • Keep your gear at the back of your court on the closest side to the entry/exit (ie not using the carpeted seats on the far side)
A reminder that we will be working through refunds/credits over the next week or so for all bookings that were due to take place during lockdown.  You will get an email confirming once this has been done.


At this stage all our events are still suspended while we work through this current information.  Any events we are looking at holding will be subject to any alert level changes, any official information from Government/Sport NZ, Badminton NZ and/or Sport Canterbury, and if the event is viable under current conditions.  To give our players certainty, as we advertise new events we will also advertise our rules around cancellations.

  • Social Grade (Thursday) – the remainder of this term/Winter League is cancelled.  We will aim to start a Spring League at the start of term 4 in October.
  • Doubles 1 (Monday) – there was only one week left of competition and this has been cancelled.  We will arrange refunds for anyone who has already paid.  The winner will be the winning team as at the end of the first full round of the competition.
  • Doubles 2 (Tuesday) – there was 3 weeks left of competition.  These rounds will not be played, and we will arrange a refund for anyone who has already paid.  The winner will be the winning team as at the end of the first full round of the competition.
  • Because of the abrupt end to interclub, we will (covid willing) start our summer league slightly earlier.  Entry information out early next week – starting the week of 18 October.
  • Canterbury Under 13 & Under 17 Champs – will be rescheduled for 25 & 26 September, with the aim to go ahead under level 2.  There will be changes to the format to ensure we are remaining under 50 people.  More details and entry information out towards the end of this week.