The Masters Badminton is played at Badminton Hall, 220 Pages Road, Wainoni on Sunday evenings. Masters Badminton is open to all players aged 35 years and over, who are financial members of a badminton club. Visitors from other associations are welcome to attend.
Please note if you have not played before, Masters do not provide coaching and we recommend you join a club where coaching is provided.
6.00 p.m. – 8 p.m. Summer Season (Daylight Saving months)
5.00 pm – 7.00 p.m. Winter Season (Begins when Daylight Saving ends)
Cost: $10.00 per night
Games are followed by a social hour with bar facilities available most nights.
During the year there are many events for Masters to compete in as either an individual or member of a team. Events include:
- NZ Masters Games February held in Dunedin or Wanganui
- South Island Masters Inter-Association Teams Queens Birthday Weekend held Timaru
- South Island Masters Championships End June
- Canterbury Masters Championships Over two Sundays July/August
- South Island Veterans Inter-Association Teams August held Timaru
- NZ Masters Championships September – venues around NZ
- South Island Masters Games October – held Nelson or Timaru
For details refer to Badminton NZ events calendar
If you would like more information contact Doug Edginton 021 374533 or Pam Bader 03 942 3854.
During the year Canterbury Masters Badminton select teams to represent Canterbury.
Canterbury enter representative teams for Badminton New Zealand sanctioned tournaments. They are, but not limited to, South Island Masters (35 years plus), South Island Vets (50 years plus), Mainland Badminton Super Vets (60 years Plus).
A full tournament schedule can be viewed on the Badminton New Zealand website or an event calendar can be downloaded.
Those wishing to compete for Canterbury in a tournament should advise the Master’s Convener no later than two months prior to the event.