Badminton Canterbury has opportunities for coaches at all levels – from taking 5 year olds through some fun skill games, through to our premiere Canterbury Representative Teams! Coaching is an integral part of what we do, and helps players learn new skills, and improve their games. Coaching is also very rewarding for the coach, and will help the coach improve their skills and game too.
BC has an excellent support program in place for anyone wishing to become a coach, helping you from the initial qualification through to assisting our experienced coaches as they take teams. Coaches can apply to become accredited with BC.
Players can be assured that accredited coaches meet Badminton Canterbury’s standards for coaching, and know their coach keeps their knowledge up to date with professional development each year. Coaches enjoy a discounted accredited coach rate for court hire at Badminton Canterbury.
To be come a BC Accredited Coach you must:
• Hold a Shuttle Time Coaching Certificate or a current BWF Coaching Qualification
• Attend at least one coaching workshop held by BC or otherwise approved professional development course per year
• Need to be actively coaching a regular participant (minimum 10 sessions) or take a BC representative team for their pre-tournament training (minimum 4 weeks)
• Be familiar and agree to abide by BC’s Child Protection Policy
• Allow Badminton Canterbury to complete a Police check and this to be to our satisfaction
Apply to be an Accredited Coach
Please complete the following details to apply to become an accredited coach with Badminton Canterbury. All applications will be assessed, and applicatants will be responded to within 7 days. If accepted you will then be required to complete paperwork for a NZ Police Check.