Badminton Canterbury is Hiring!
Detailed position description: Job Description Office Manager
To apply: see the advertisement on Seek:
The Office Manager (OM) is a newly developed role as we have grown our organization – we see this new role as pivotal to all that we do. You will be reliable – someone we can rely on to not just get the job done, but also improve the way things are done. Based at our hall in Pages Road, the OM will be adaptable covering a wide range of duties. As well as being front facing customer service, the OM will have considerable input into the operations and reporting. Basically, whatever is necessary to ensure the smooth running of our organization!
Inter-personal communication skills are crucial in this role. In terms of your colleagues, it’s essential that you can work as part of a small team and be able to lead and support them to achieve their outcomes. An appreciation for working with volunteers, part time, and work from home team members will be required. In addition, our players come from all areas of Christchurch and beyond, so you will be involved with people from a variety of cultures, and all ages (from primary aged through to 80+).
· Managing the accounts using Xero, payables, receivables, reconciliations through to producing monthly reports for the board
· Managing the hall, including maintenance and bookings (casual and permanent)
· Payroll, including running the pays, as well as keeping track of employment related paperwork and records
· Oversight and use our database system (Friendly Manager)
· Responding to, and filtering enquiries as they come in
· Support the team in using 365
· Assistance with funding applications and returns
· Co-ordinate travel requirements for teams to key tournaments each year
· Support our events team with running of events (could involve calling names on a mic)
· Helping with marketing, including a monthly newsletter, posters and signage, and social media
· Xero experience and knowledge of accounting principals
· Payroll/employment knowledge (we use Smartly, but if you have used other software you will be able to use Smartly!)
· Microsoft 365 knowledge
· Proven team leadership skills (could be a small or large team)
· Website skills (we use WordPress) – to keep our site updated
· Knowledge of funding and grants, and the challenges of being a non-profit organization
· Facility management (we operate an eight court facility 24/7)
· High attention to detail, with the ability to work unsupervised and show initiative
· Minimum two years in an office manager or sole charge administration/accounts role
· Versatile skills and enjoy variety in amongst the regular work that needs to be done
There is some flexibility for working hours, however to cater for our players it is anticipated the OM will be available at the hall for at least two evenings (to 730pm) a week, and will be available for some weekend work. We do need someone who has a physical presence at the hall to help our players, but some work from home is definitely an option!
Badminton knowledge or experience are NOT required, this is an administrative role not a hands-on one!
We anticipate this role could be done in 25-30 hours a week, although this is flexible to be agreed with the successful applicant.