Badminton Hall reopen to public!
Please see full details below.
We’re very excited to start back playing badminton under level 2 – with some rules in place to keep everyone safe! Please read these before making your booking.
Courts will be available during staffed hours for the next 2 weeks effective Saturday 16th May!
Monday to Friday 4-10pm, and
Saturday/Sunday 10am to 8pm,
(please note you can play until 11pm weeknights and 9pm weekends, but there are to be no bookings starting after the staffed hours).
Book online , and you can top up your card online as usual. If you need to sign up for a new or get a replacement card, they will be available to collect during the above hours – cards are only $20. You can also top up your card via eftpos at the hall during those hours (please no cash).
There is a contact register in the main foyer, ALL people in your group must sign in with full details. At the moment we are only allowed groups of up to 10 in size. There are some signs up with full information in the hall, please read and follow these to keep all our badminton community safe.
We would like everyone who is coming to the hall to familiarise themselves with our full Covid 19 policy
More info on events, training squads and shuttletime programs will be available in due course.
Please contact your club if they are resuming play – note many are unable to due to the current 10 person limit.
ALL people entering the hall must sanitise their hands and sign in
You must stay at home if you:
* Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
* Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
* Have flu-like symptoms
* Or are in a high risk health category
Attending Badminton Activities
* Book your court in advance if possible, through Sport Manager. Casual court bookings can be made. Card top ups can be done online on www.badmintoncanterbury.com or made via EFTPOS facility – no cash to be taken by staff.
* You are only allowed to socialise and play with the group you are here with MAXIMUM 10 PEOPLE
* Only players should attend, but one parent/guardian can accompany a younger child. Younger children need to complete hand sanitising and sign in.
* Maintain 1 – 2 meters physical distancing as much as possible by keeping to your own court and defined areas.
* Use hall toilets only. Foyer toilets are to be used if anyone presents with any illness, so they can be isolated.
* Showers will be closed.
* Avoid touching your face, your playing partner or opponent and any common surfaces, such as nets, chairs etc
* Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser between games and upon completion of your game.
* Bring your own equipment including your own towel. Do not share food, water bottles, towels or rackets
* Wash your hands with soap and water upon completion.
* Do not congregate or stay in the venue after you have finished playing
* Take home all items with you.
Notify Badminton Canterbury if you or any player in your group becomes sick with COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of playing.