Regional Coaching Day
Venue: Badminton Hall, 220 Pages Road, Wainoni
6th March Under 13/15 11 – 1pm
27th March Under 13/15 11 – 1pm
27th March Under 17/19 1.30 – 4.30
15th May Under 13/15 11 – 1pm
15th May Under 17/19 1.30 – 4.30
Cost: $20 per day
Regional Coaching Days provide an opportunity for any player in Canterbury to get some intensive coaching by Badminton Canterbury’s top coaches. This year due to growing numbers we are separating the times for U13/15 players and U17/19 players.
• Minimum standard of play is players’ who are able to achieve ‘Silver’ in the Shuttle Time Badge Assessment (See below for guidelines – you don’t need to formally hold this badge but be capable of what is required).
• U17/19 players wanting to be considered for the New Zealand Junior Team Championships in July, attendance is compulsory the 27th March.
• U15 players will be representing Mainland at the New Zealand Junior Team Championships will be selected from the Mainland U15 Development Squad
• U13 players wanting to be considered for the New Zealand Junior Team Championships in July, attendance is compulsory on the 6 th March and the 27th March.
• All age group players wanting to be considered for the South Island Junior Team Championships in October, attendance is compulsory on the 15th May
Please register through ‘Player Registrations’ https://badmintoncanterbury.com/fm/
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- computer or network
- billing or purchase information
- medical, childrens' data
We collect your personal information in order to:
- enrol and administer our events and programs
- use information anonymously for statistical and funding purposes
- contact players and parents (or second contact in case of emergency)
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- Badminton NZ, Sport Canterbury and our Funders in order to provide anonymous statistical reporting. Identifiable and contact information is not shared.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 03 389 8534, or 220 Pages Road, PO Box 2497, Christchurch.
This is an opportunity for players to work on a shot they are wanting to develop. When setting your smart goal, players need to follow:
Specific ie. Well defined, clear and unambiguous
Measurable ie. Within specific criteria that measure your progress towards the accomplishment of the goal
Achievable ie. Attainable and not impossible to achieve
Realistic ie. Within reach, realistic or relevant
Timely ie. Within a clearly defined timeframe, including a start and end date
For example: I want to be able to hit a cross court forehand net shot using the correct hitting technique of pronating forearm, with the shuttle landing within 30cm of the service line 8 out of 10 times by the end of July. To do this I will practice this shot for 5 – 10 minutes at each training session.