Shuttletime Yankee Tournament
A social, fun event for our beginner juniors (either clubs, schools or after school programs). This is a participation event and results of games are not used to determine winners.
Players are given the opportunity to get some match experience against others of a similar ability, an opportunity to learn to umpire properly and make some new friends. Players should be at the “merit” or “bronze” level of the BWF Shuttletime Badge System – so they need to be able to hit a shuttle (not at balloon badminton stage), and afterwards there will be shared pizza with a small prize-giving.
It is designed for our beginner U13 and U15 players (8 years and above) however older players are welcome.
- There will be a group warm up session and fun game to start with
- Players will receive a variety of games and get the opportunity to play with and against some better players
- Games are timed (rather than sets) for a duration of 8-10 minutes depending on entries
- Each player will get a minimum of 4 games
- Players are expected to umpire the other games and there will be some older children/adults around to assist with this.
- Prizes are drawn at random for the participants
Complete this form to enter the tournament. Entry fee is due at the time of entry, and can be paid to Badminton Canterbury, 03-1591-0635589-000, show reference ST YANKEE and name. If you have any questions please email email@example.com
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- computer or network
- billing or purchase information
- medical, childrens' data
We collect your personal information in order to:
- enrol and administer our events and programs
- use information anonymously for statistical and funding purposes
- contact players and parents (or second contact in case of emergency)
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- Badminton NZ, Sport Canterbury and our Funders in order to provide anonymous statistical reporting. Identifiable and contact information is not shared.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 03 389 8534, or 220 Pages Road, PO Box 2497, Christchurch.
Shuttletime Yankee Tournament: Key Points
Venue: Zhu Badminton Centre, 98 Aidenfield Drive
2021 Dates: 18th April, 11th July, 17th October
Check in Time: 9am
Play Times: 9.30 – 11.30am (followed by pizzas)
Entries Close: 1 Week prior to each event (enter each date individually)
Cost: $15 per event (covers both singles and doubles matches)
- The general Rules of Play shall be those of the BWF (except games will be timed with score kept). In the event of a tie when time is up, there will be one additional rally played for golden point win.
- Players should be 14 years or younger at the time of the tournament
- Play shall commence at 9.15am on Sunday and will finish at 11.30am. It is suggested you arrive at the hall no later than 9am to check in and be ready.
- The last game will be followed by a prize-giving upstairs in the Zhu Badminton Center.
- Players must report to the control desk on arrival. All players must be available to play when called to do so and must remain available throughout the tournament and act as umpires or line judges when called upon.
- All matches will be timed for 8-10 minutes. Duration will be advised before the start of the day’s play, and is dependent on scheduling/entry numbers. Play is to start on whistle, and when whistle is blown at the end of duration the rally currently in play shall play out, with no new rallies started (except in the event of a tie)
- Feather shuttlecocks will be used.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the following rights:
- Amend reporting times, hours and order of play & length of games
- Cancel any event in which insufficient entries are received
- Default players not available to play at the schedule time
- All Players enter at their own risk, no responsibility will be accepted for any injury received during the tournament.
- All players must wear regulation badminton attire as per the BNZ approved Clothing regulations. Non-marking shoes must be worn.
- Players withdrawing after entries have closed will not be eligible for a refund unless a medical certificate is submitted at the time of withdrawal.
- A $5 administration fee will be deducted from all refunds
- Entries close 23:59pm one week prior to each event. NO LATE ENTRIES OR ENTRIES WITHOUT FEES ACCEPTED.
- Post to Tournament Contact, P O Box 2497, Christchurch 8140. Online entry available through www.badmintoncanterbury.com
- Payment to: Badminton Canterbury A/C No. 03-1591-0635589-000. (please use ST YANKEE & name as reference)