Junior Super Series
New for 2020, the Super Series is an event for our more competent Junior players at any age group (under 13 to U19). Players should be at the BWF Shuttletime Silver or above level (note they don’t have to have completed this assessment, it’s a guideline on the standard of play that is to be expected). Any players not yet at this level should enter our Junior Yankee Tournament instead. Throughout the Junior Super Series younger players will have the chance to play against better players, and our older more experienced players will be able to give back and assist the development of up and coming juniors, along with having some guest senior players in to challenge them.
It is expected that anyone wishing to represent Canterbury Juniors at either South Islands or Nationals play in this tournament as the selectors and coaches will be there to observe games and the results.
There will be a prize-giving and pizza at the conclusion of each event.
- Group warm up
- Games are played as best of 3 sets (third set played to 11 only)
- Expected that those not playing are umpiring
- Males and females can verse each other
- Depending on entry numbers it will either be run in the form of a Yankee tournament where total points scored in a match will go towards your overall score for the day or a round robin box draw where you will play off against other boxes.
- Spot prizes awarded at coach’s discretion
- Games are made up by the coaches and you also have the opportunity to request a ‘challenge’ whereby coaches will do their best to make that game happen.
- Minimum of 2 singles games per day
- Minimum of 2 doubles games per day
- First two games of singles/doubles will count towards your overall score – if you get extra games – these will not count.
- Minimum of 2 doubles games per day (points will be allocated to your two highest scores of the day)
Complete this form to enter the tournament. Entry fee is due at the time of entry, and can be paid to Badminton Canterbury, 03-1591-0635589-000, show reference JR SUPER and name. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Super Series Tournament: Key Points
Venue: Badminton Canterbury, 220 Pages Road
2020 Dates: 15th March, 28th June, 13th September (all Sundays) – Note change of March date
Check in Time: Arrive no later than 1145am,
Play Times: 12-5pm (followed by pizzas)
Entries Close: 1 Week prior to each event (enter each date individually)
Cost: $25 per event (covers both singles and doubles matches)
- The general Rules of Play shall be those of the BWF (except games in the event of a third set, play of the third set will be to 11 points only)
- Players should be 19 years or younger at the time of the tournament
- Play shall commence at 12pm on Sunday and will finish by 5pm. It is suggested you arrive at the hall no later than 1145am to check in and be ready.
- The last game will be followed by a prize-giving upstairs in the George Miller Lounge.
- Players must report to the control desk on arrival. All players must be available to play when called to do so and must remain available throughout the tournament and act as umpires or line judges when called upon.
- Feather shuttlecocks will be used.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the following rights:
- Amend reporting times, hours and order of play & length of games
- Cancel any event in which insufficient entries are received
- Default players not available to play at the schedule time
- All Players enter at their own risk, no responsibility will be accepted for any injury received during the tournament.
- All players must wear regulation badminton attire as per the BNZ approved Clothing regulations. Non-marking shoes must be worn.
- Players withdrawing after entries have closed will not be eligible for a refund unless a medical certificate is submitted at the time of withdrawal.
- A $5 administration fee will be deducted from all refunds
- Entries close 23:59pm one week prior to each event. NO LATE ENTRIES OR ENTRIES WITHOUT FEES ACCEPTED.
- Post to Tournament Contact, P O Box 2497, Christchurch 8140. Online entry available through www.badmintoncanterbury.com
- Payment to: Badminton Canterbury A/C No. 03-1591-0635589-000. (please use JR SUPER & name as reference)